As mentioned last week, there are 2 ways Click Energy captures Explicit Informed Consent, or EIC, from customers:
- Online sign-up via the ACN-dedicated Click Energy portal, and
- Telephone sign-up via the ACN-dedicated Click Energy hotline.
There are 4 important things to know about capturing EIC over the phone:
- Only the customer can provide their Explicit Informed Consent.
- Only the customer can complete the sign-up process, whether that’s online or via the web.
- Even if a customer does consent to signing up a service, you cannot complete the sign-up process for them.
- In the event that the customer has additional questions, they must call the ACN-dedicated Click Energy team (1300 567 236) – who will capture the customer’s EIC.
Still confused about EIC?