The personal information collected and held by ACN may include your name, current and previous addresses, telephone/mobile numbers, email address, bank account or credit card details and occupation, as well as information on how you use our products and services, including our websites. If you choose not to provide certain personal information, ACN may not be able to provide you with the services requested.
ACN collects personal information in a number of ways, including:
- directly from you, when you provide such information over the phone, in application forms or through our websites including MyAccount and the SuccessStore;
- from third parties, such as our related companies, credit reporting agencies or ACN IBOs;
- from publicly available sources;
- from our own records on how you use ACN’s products and services;
- when legally required to do so.
During your visit to any of our ACN websites, ACN may collect and store anonymous information such as the time, date and URL of the sites you visited previously and the URL of the site you are leaving to, your computer’s IP address, software and operating system, as well as specific navigational data, such as the sequence of pages viewed. ACN may also use “cookies”, which are small text files that our web servers place on your computer in order to remember your preferences. Cookies are an industry standard and are designed to improve user experience. In the event that “cookies” collect and store personal information, ACN will grant the same protection to such information as it does in relation to information collected from other sources. You can disable cookies by adjusting your browser settings. Please note, however, that you may not be able to take advantage of all of the features offered by our websites if you do so.
ACN collects, holds, uses and discloses personal information for a number of purposes, which include:
- verifying your identity;
- providing the products or services requested;
- processing your orders or applications;
- carrying our credit checking and scoring;
- issuing bills and making payments;
- dealing with requests, enquiries or complaints and other customer care and support related activities;
- carrying out market and product analyses, and developing new products and services;
- contacting you and otherwise keeping you informed about our products and services;
- allocating or offering you rewards, discounts or other benefits and fulfilling any requests or requirements you may have in respect of our reward programs;
- carrying out any activity in connection with a legal, governmental or regulatory requirement or in connection with legal proceedings, crime or fraud;
- managing the relationships with our IBOs and customers;
- if you are an IBO, calculating commissions and bonus entitlements, and managing your account;
- calculating commissions to which other IBOs may be entitled;
- purposes related to any of the above purposes.
By providing us with your personal information, you agree and acknowledge that:
- we need not include, in any message we send you, an unsubscribe facility; and
- you can at any time opt-out of receiving marketing material by calling us on the number detailed below.
Please note that, even if you opt-out, ACN will still need to send you information about your account or changes to your relationship with us.
ACN may disclose personal information to:
- credit providers or credit reporting agencies for permitted purposes;
- government and regulatory agencies and law enforcement bodies;
- other telecommunications carriers, suppliers, dealers and agents;
- ACN service providers and external contractors, such as mailing houses, billing and debt-recovery agencies, information technology suppliers and marketing agencies;
- ACN related companies, including ACN, Inc.;
- your authorised ACN IBO and other IBOs.
Some of these entities, to which your personal information may be disclosed, are located in other countries. These countries may include the United States, United Kingdom, New Zealand, Canada, Netherlands, Belgium, Norway, Czech Republic, Austria, Poland, Denmark, Portugal, Finland, Spain, France, Sweden, Germany, Switzerland, Hungary, Italy, Ireland, Mexico, South Korea, Israel, Singapore, the Philippines, Fiji and Japan.
ACN will take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information it collects, uses or discloses is accurate, complete, up-to-date and stored in a secure environment, protected from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. ACN takes reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information is stored securely. Please note that no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. While ACN strives to protect your personal information from misuse, loss and unauthorised access, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us via email or via the on-line application process. Such activities are conducted at your own risk. Once we receive your transmission, we will take reasonable steps to ensure the security of its contents.
ACN takes reasonable precautions to ensure that the personal information we collect, use and disclose is accurate, complete and up-to-date. Please inform us if there are any errors in your personal information and notify us of any changes to your personal information, such as your name, address or other details.
Access and Correction
To request access to your personal information held by us, please call us on the number detailed below. If your identity can be adequately verified, the person you speak to may be able to provide you with the information you require over the telephone. If you request a copy of any personal information, we will ask that you put your request in writing and post that request to us. This is to ensure that we can verify your identity. If we need time to consider your request, we will acknowledge your request within 14 days and respond within a maximum of 30 days. Depending on the information you wish to access, its location and the time it will take us to respond, we may charge you a fee for the cost of providing the information to you.
If for any reason we refuse to give you access to your information we will confirm the reason in writing. The circumstances in which we may refuse to give you access to personal information we hold about you include, but are not limited to, where giving you access:
- would have an unreasonable impact on other people’s privacy;
- would prejudice any negotiations we are having with you;
- would prejudice an investigation of unlawful activity;
- would prejudice activities carried out by or for a law enforcement body.
If you believe that your personal information held by ACN is inaccurate, incomplete or out-of-date and you wish to seek the correction of that information, please call us on the number detailed below. In most cases, we will amend any inaccurate, incomplete or out-of-date information. In some cases it is necessary for us to keep a record of what we know or understand to be correct at a particular time. In those circumstances, at your request, we will take reasonable steps to associate with the relevant record of your personal information, a statement to the effect that you claim the information is inaccurate, incomplete or out-of-date.
If you wish to make a complaint about a breach by ACN of Australia’s Privacy Act (1988) and Australian Privacy Principles (APPs), please call or write to us. Your complaint will be recorded, and then reviewed at an appropriate level within ACN. Once we have acted upon, resolved or finalised your complaint, we will inform you of the outcome if you have provided us with suitable contact details.
|Phone:||1300 881 778|
|Post:||ACN Pacific Pty Ltd|
PO Box 667
North Sydney NSW 2059