I’m having problems with Wi-Fi on the IRIS X
First you will need to verify your Internet connection is working properly by browsing to your favourite website with a computer connected to the modem via an Ethernet cable. Once you have confirmed your Internet connection is working successfully please attempt the following troubleshooting steps:
- Connect your IRIS X via an Ethernet connection to your modem; ensure your IRIS X can function connected this way.
- If the device works connected via an Ethernet connection and not via Wi-Fi, verify your Wi-Fi is working correctly by connecting a laptop or a smartphone to the modems Wi-Fi.
- If the Wi-Fi works on an alternate device make sure you have properly configured the IRIS X Wi-Fi settings (step 4 below).
- Wi-Fi troubleshooting actions on the IRIS X:
- Make sure Wi-Fi is switched on. To turn on Wi-Fi go to the Home Screen; click on the top right Status Bar, slide the Wi-Fi On/Off indicator to On.
- Reboot the IRIS X.
- In the IRIS X Wi-Fi menu, click Scan, double click the desired ESSID (Network Name) and click Save.
- In the IRIS X Wi-Fi menu, click Scan, double click the desired ESSID, un-tick the ‘Save’ key, re-enter the appropriate security key (WI-FI password), tick the ‘Save’ key, and click Save.
- In the IRIS X Wi-Fi menu, disable Wi-Fi then click apply, then enable Wi-Fi and click apply again, then click save.
- Your Wi-Fi connection is working if you have the Wi-Fi icon on the top of the home screen, the icon is green on the top right of the Info Widget, and you have an IP address in the bottom line of the Info Widget.