What are the safety requirements for modem installation?
With reference to unpacking, installation, use and maintenance of your modem/router, the following basic guidelines are recommended:
- Do not use or install this product near water to avoid fire or shock hazard. For example, near a bathtub, kitchen sink, laundry tub or near a swimming pool.
- Do not expose the equipment to rain or damp areas. For example, a wet basement.
- Do not connect the power supply on elevated surfaces. Allow it to lie freely. There should be no obstruction in its path and no heavy items should be placed on the cord.
- Do not walk on or mistreat cords.
- To safeguard the equipment against overheating, make sure that all openings in the unit that offer exposure to air are unobstructed.
Avoid placing your modem near the following objects which may emit radio noises such as:
- Washers and/or Dryers
- Metal cabinets
- Large aquariums
- Metallic based UB tinted windows