How do I change my Wireless Security Settings on my Broadband service?
To change your Wi-Fi Security Settings you will need to log in to your modem while connected via an Ethernet cable from your PC or laptop to your modem.
- To log in to your modem you will need to type your modems IP address into your web browser:
Modem IP Address ZTE ACN Premium Modem 192.168.20.1 TP-Link 9970 192.168.1.1 TP-Link 841N 192.168.0.1 D-Link type 192.168.1.1
- A pop up window will appear asking you for the modem username and password; e.g. for D-Link the default settings are Username: admin & Password: admin
- On the menu options look for Wireless settings or Wireless connection and follow the instructions to secure your connection with a security level and password.
- Security mode: WPA-PSK
- Network name (SSID): You can choose to name your network something different or leave as D-Link or Netgear
- Network Key/ Pre-shared key or password: Secure your device with a password containing letters and numbers (Between 8 and 63 characters )
- Ensure to update the Wi-Fi settings in the devices connecting to your modems internet connection e.g. your phone or tablet.