My modem is unable to connect to the Internet. What should I do?
While a Broadband service is constant, sometimes your modem and computer needs to be refreshed or rebooted to perform at their peak efficiency.
If your device is unable to connect to the internet automatically, simply reboot the device and your computer and see if you are able to get online (modem should remain off for a minimum of 30 seconds). If a reboot does not fix your problem please attempt the below troubleshooting steps:
- If you have a Standard ADSL connection – please remove all hardware from the line including splitters/ filters and connect only your standard PSTN telephone. Check to see if you have a working phone service. If your phone service is not functioning or has static please contact Customer Service on 1300881778 to log a fault. If your PSTN phone service is in working order please attempt the next step.
- Log in to MyAccount to view your usage and ensure your invoices are paid up to date; if your usage has been exceeded or your invoices are outstanding your service may have been shaped or suspended.
- Connect your modem to your computer via an Ethernet Cable and log in to the Set-Up wizard by opening a web browser and typing in your modems IP address (e.g. 192.168.1.1) check your Username and Password. If it is different to the Username and Password you received in your confirmation letter please reset this with the details in the email. Let your device reboot and check if you can successfully access the Internet. Please visit the User Guide section for more information.
- Connect a different modem on the ADSL line and check to see if the service is working. If the service is working please contact Customer Service for modem troubleshooting.
- If a second modem does not connect to the internet successfully with your internet username and password please call Customer Service on 1300881778 for further troubleshooting.