My Broadband connection wont ‘sync’
If you are unable to get your Broadband service to sync, please perform the following troubleshooting steps:
- Reboot your computer and the modem. Leave the modem off for at least 30 seconds before you turn it back on.
- For Standard ADSL customers check for a working phone line service. If you do not have a working phone line service please contact Customer Service (before you call please ensure you do not have a faulty telephone or equipment disabling you from making a call).
- For Standard ADSL customers check to see that all equipment connected to your phone sockets has a filter/ splitter attached.
- Check for faulty equipment on the line. Remove all equipment on the line (fax machines/alarm systems etc.) and after connecting your modem directly to the phone socket attempt to connect to the Internet. If you have a successful connection this determines you may have faulty equipment on the line which needs to be replaced. To determine which device/equipment is causing this issue you will need to isolate each piece of equipment individually to find the faulty device.
- Check ACN’s Outage Information page here for any Broadband outages.